WALKING HORSE TRAINERS ASSOCIATION
DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2013
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. An applicant must be a high school graduate and not over 21 years of age.
2. An official sealed transcript must be attached to application.
3. Applicant must submit a recent photo.
4. Applicant may re-apply if not selected.
5. These scholarships are for use at a college or university.
6. An essay must be submitted detailing, but not limited to, the applicant’s involvement
in the Walking Horse industry.
7. Applicant must be a child of a member or employee of W.H.T.A.
8. Applicant may only win this scholarship one year.
9. Amount of Scholarships shall be announced - To be paid to applicant’s school of
10. Board of Directors of W.H.T.A. shall have final approval.
This application will be professionally evaluated. The criteria for evaluation will be as follows - scored on a scale of 1 to 5:
1. Academic Achievement: Rank in class, ACT or SAT scores, Grade Point
Average, Academic awards or organizations.
2. Extracurricular Achievements: Activities involved in and awards.
3. Citizenship Achievements: Leadership positions (elected or appointed),
Community or church involvements.
4. Contributions to the Walking Horse Industry past and present.
5. Financial need: Not a determining factor but a consideration.
For further W.H.T.A. Scholarship information, contact:
P. O. Box 61, Shelbyville, TN 37162
931/ 684-5866 or Fax: 931/ 684-5895
DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2013
Full Name ________________________________________________ Date of Birth ____________
Social Security Number: _______________________________________
Address ____________________________________________________ Phone (___)______________
Parent’s Name _______________________________________________
Name of High School or College (Currently enrolled)
Address of High School _______________________________________
Name of College or University where scholarship will be used:
Address where scholarship check should be mailed (if selected):
Grade Point Average __________ on a scale of _________
ACT ________ SAT _________
Rank in Class ____________ out of _________
Extracurricular Activities: List positions held by election or appointment, honors, awards, and employment data. Include additional information on separate sheet or include in essay.
Estimated Family Income:
_______ less than $15,000 _______ $30,000 to $35,000
_______ $15,000 to $20,000 _______ $35,000 to $40,000
_______ $20,000 to $25,000 _______ $40,000 to $50,000
_______ $25,000 to $30,000 _______ over $50,000
Number in family ________ Number living at home ________
Does your family currently support other college students? _________
If yes, how many? _______
Planned Major: ___________________________________________________
Future Plans: _____________________________________________________
Submit an essay detailing (but not limited to) your involvement with Tennessee Walking Horses along with a photograph of yourself.
**Failure to submit all requested information could result in application not being accepted.**
Please mail application and information to:
WALKING HORSE TRAINERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
P. O. BOX 61
SHELBYVILLE, TENNESSEE 37162